View Single Post
Old 10/03/2006, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Wow, thank you all for the very nice replies!

The green "wormy" things are Neomeris Annulata. (Basically, a macro algae common in Hawaii. Or so I'm told anyway.) It came on the live rock which came with the tank when I bought it. Many people seem to like it, but it's really not to my personal taste. I've been slowly replacing the rock as time goes on. If anyone likes it, let me know and I can hook you up!

The Sinularia came from a small piece, maybe golf ball size, from one of the club raffles probably 1 1/2 yrs ago.

The Candycane (Is it really?, I wasn't sure) came from a frag swap roughly 3 years ago. It was a single head at the time.

The Xenia was gowing crazy on my rocks and taking over the tank. At one point, it "creeped" from a rock to the back of the tank and I decided I liked it too! I've been trading of the Xenia rocks and replacing those. Now I can have the best of both worlds.

Many of the corals I did buy, but just as many came as tiny frags (none older than 3 yrs) from either the raffles or the frag swap I went to. I'm able to share pics with you now, with much gratitude for the reefers in this club who have extended their generosity many times over.