View Single Post
Old 08/16/2006, 02:33 PM
Premium Member

Pet Oasis went out of business a few years ago. I am from Ridgecrest , and you are the first person I have seen on reefcentral to mention Ridgecrest ever. I recommend a refugium, with caulerpa {wich is sometimes difficult to order in california} or Chaetomorpha and a cheap 10$ bulb from Home Depot with 5100k to 6500k Kelvin. and get that darn seaclone working...I have one but I dont like it.... and I have a prizm skimmer and a bak pak....sucks to have 3 crappy skimmers....lol I am stuck with my skimmer for the time being......until I install the refugium. If I were you I would put a powerful powerhead in the tank and make sure the sump has good flow also.....any dead areas where detrius , uneaten food etc. can land will create nitrates. The skimmer creates oxygen, lowers nitrates, its a win win situation. The seaclone is actually good enough skimmer for your size tank and isnt as bad as people say. email me sometime if you have questions...although I dont know it all I am willing to offer advice. Nice to meet a fellow RC member from RC{reefcentral}

Last edited by xclan; 08/16/2006 at 03:04 PM.