Thread: Quarantine 101
View Single Post
Old 01/20/2006, 01:49 AM
TRC Leader

Hi Jordan! Thanks a bunch.

I did get the clowns today. I haven't been able to get any pictures of them because they are very frightened right now. Hiding in their little terra cotta pot.

They arrived nice and early (way to go UPS!) and were warm and very well packed. The female is a big girl, and both have amazing color and body weight. They were well cared for you can tell. Both were swimming around in the baggies

I did a nice long acclimation. It probably wasn't needed, the water parameters were the same as my tank pretty much. I let them go in their new breeder tank and the dove right into the pot. The female will only peek her head out a little. The male got brave and explored some. Every time I would get near the tank they would become scared though. They did not accept any food in the morning either.

I placed a black blanket around the front right side of the tank so they would become afraid when they saw me coming. That seemed to help because later today when it was time for a second meal they didn't see me put the dropper in that I use to squirt the food with. They both ate a little!

I'll see how the feel about me tomorrow and see if I can get some pics. They are both wonderful!!