Thread: DIY Filter
View Single Post
Old 01/31/2004, 03:35 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the nice design and the easy to follow instuctions.
however considering that this filter was intended for a Q tank which means the need for very strong filtration as most of our Q tanks are small in size and most of the times setup or started on a hurry cause fish don't give any notice that they are going to get sick , don't you think that it would be beneficial if the setup of this filter was a bit modified so that a little air turbulence would occur within the bioballs to creat a wet dry invironment? or also if the setup was modified in a way so that it would take water from above to a spray bar over the bioballs and then the powerhead would take the water out from below the bioballs....or even easier just the addition of an aistone between the bioballs or a small powerhead with an airtubing from the outside....
My true question is not on how to make it a wet dey system , i would really like to know if you consider that bioballs would provide stronger filtration if in a wet dry state or would it be just the same when they are fully submerged? also if the bioballs are fully submerged and air is allowed to flow between them (like if an airston in inserted between them) would that be considered as a wet dry and is it more efficient to have the bioballs in a dry area with water just spraying slowly on them?
i always wondered about these issues and any help would be greatly appreciated.