View Single Post
Old 03/20/2004, 03:23 PM
VILP

Frogfish_in_Ohio,

To Reef Central

and welcome to the Frogfish Files! How lucky you are to have done diving where they live! Where have you gone? Please DO post pictures. I'm sure everyone following this thread would love to see them!!

I'll try to answer your questions and probably some other folks will chime in too.

1. For A. maculatus or A. pictus, a 20-gallon tank should be fine

2. I don't think the water quality for these fish is any different than any other saltwater fish. A temp in the range of 78-82 (F), pH is the 8.0-8.2 range, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, low nitrate, dKH 8-10, CA 350-450

3. I don't think lighting makes any difference

4. I don't know - this is my sixth month with Fuggly

5. I've never tried that kind of diet w/ frogfish, but I do think offering more of a variety is a good idea. If your frogfish is taking thawed frozen food, I'd see if I could get a package of frozen silversides and alternate between those, the krill and maybe some live ghost shrimp for a change.

If you've read this whole post, you can see our recommendations about size of food to feed and frequency. That is very important to keeping a frogfish healthy.

Cheri