View Single Post
Old 04/05/2003, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Rasta, That sponge will help. Keep feeding to a minimum and make sure all uneaten food is removed. This is an easy task as long as you use a bare glass bottom. If you need to resort to daily water changes you might want to experiment with the amount that you plan to replace daily. Try bringing that amount up to the same copper level as you are treating with and record the amount of copper needed. That way you can pre mix the copper/ water change before you do it. IMO you want to get a salifert or Seachem test kit. The nice thing about the seachem if I am correct is that you can do multiple tests at one time that will be usefull if you are experimenting as described earlier. In any event you'll need to test at least every other day (perhapse more if you do daily water changes)and therefore will need to do 20-30 tests. Look for a kit that will accomodate that. Don't bother getting a Hach test or anything fancy. The price is the only fancy thing about them. I use Hach but I also use a colorimeter which has a pricetag that would blow your mind.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you can save the others.
Lee