View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 11:55 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dileggi
Thanks for the capn. I do rinse my frozens with rodi before I place in the tank.

You mentioned to cut back on phyto. I do feed some Cyclop-Eeze. Is this a problem?

As for flow, my rate is approx 716...almost 25%. I know I'm on the lower side of that rule of thumb, but I'm afraid going with a larger power head will cause a lot of "stuff" being blown around..meaning corals and so forth.

I'll try leaving it alone for a few days...if I can stand it, LOL and see what happens.

thanks again!
cyclopeeze is great--fish and lps corals love it---the timing can be important too--alot of the corals like to feed just before dusk--if you are running halides and attinics--the time when the halides have shut down for the day and the attinics are still on--the corals seem more respective to it

Phyto is generally consumed by most sps corals but a limited number of softies and sps corals.
It is the inverts that feed on the phyto--so if you have a refug use some in there--but if you are scraping alot of algae off the glass then you are feeding phyto into the water column.