View Single Post
Old 07/08/2005, 12:32 PM
Team RC Member

I copied and pasted this from the thread started by Napperville Reef entilted, "NEED SOME ZOO HELP" which is just below this thread. Hope it puts you a bit at ease.

"Yes, it's very true, Eric B. speaks of it in his book Aquarium Corals. I seem to always have one or two at a time in my tank that will do the same from time to time. It is a means of cleaning themselves externally. The key is to simply not move them. Just allow them to do what the do in the ocean. If anything, do as you did, just keep them clean by using a powerhead or turkey baster. As always and with any zoo colony, make sure they are receiving random strong to moderate current. A lot of zoo keepers panic when their zoos won't open. As long as there is no decay, serious shrinking, foul smell, polyps detaching, flaking off of tissue, ( for the lack of a better word) , a serious darkening or the sight of a BI or fungus, they will come around in time. Of course predators could also cause polyp retraction, so investigating the root cause is always just as important."

Hope this helps.

Mooch

Mucho