View Single Post
Old 10/03/2007, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Deacon
edit: I typed this before seeing Anthony Calfo's reply above. Thanks for the info.

No other critters in the tank...just the Niger and the yellow tang. No live rock, the rocks you see in the pic are about 80 lbs of base rock for structure.

The spots are oval shaped and about 3mm long and are kind of a translucent white color. You can't always see them unless the fish is at the proper angle relative to the light. As seen in the pic: They are a few (four to be exact) widely spaced on the fish's body and more on the fins. There's even a couple on the left eye. As they move around they leave a whitish patch which seems to go away fairly quickly.

As i mentioned before, the fish seems to be oblivious to the problem...no scratching, flashing, or sulking and it eats like crazy.

Thanks for the replies.
If there are no other critters in the tank, I would just leave them in the main tank and treat them in there. As Anthony C. said, your main tank is now infected with eggs and even if you get the flukes off the fish they will come back unless you treat the whole tank. I would treat with formalin or prazipro and you will have to do more than one treatment to make sure you get all the flukes when they hatch out of the eggs to break the life cycle.