View Single Post
Old 12/12/2007, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
before some start condemning T5s ( there are many reasons for acros to brown) take a look in the SPS forum, there is a long thread with beautiful T5 lit tanks. Make your own judgement.
I am not condeming them. I actually run exactly what was suggested on my tank (4x54). I just stated that the look isn't for everyone (lack of shimmer) and that he should make sure he could live without it.

4x54 simply does not have the intensity required to color up certain corals, period. So thats why I took exception to the "anything anywhere" statement. Most of the SPS I have tried have colored up fine (torts/birds nest/green slimer/monti digi/monto cap) but some will not color up under that much light. Certain acros and purple digi. Ask anyone purple digi takes a ton of light to color up. In my opinion 4x54 can not provide the required level of light (hopefully someone can prove me wrong!).

Quote:
I personally love my aquatinics Tx5 fixture. colors are fantastic and growth is great.
For the cost initially and annually IMO they cant be beat for a tank your size.
Heres a shot of my clam and tricolor (very blurry) to see color and growth...that tri came from 2" frag and its been growing nicely.
Quote:
Aquatinics Tx5 with modified IC 660 ballast
There is a *huge* difference between what you run and what is being suggested. If someone in here suggested that you could keep anything anywhere on a 75 with an Aquatinics TX5 that was being overdriven with an IC 660... I would totally agree.