View Single Post
Old 07/12/2005, 07:11 PM
Parapterois heterura

Your line of logic makes no sense, I must say, plainly.

Risk based on what? How is it that the change in light/water flow, etc by taking the extra step through quarantine is any different than the same changes or worse from the point of collection to the buckets/pools at the collectors station... then the move to the local distribution point/wholesaler... then the move to the co-op/jobber... then the move to the retailer?

You need more info here, my friend... or you could trust the advice of an intelligent and experienced consensus. Ahem... Mr. Pro, myself, Martin Moe... Eric Borneman.... and the list goes on.

You need to understand, appreciate and apply QT procedures or you will suffer a pest, predator or disease and the next post we might see you writing is about such things

I promise you that the risk of introducing an undesirable far outweighs your perceived other risks to the macro itself.

And even if you were correct here... are you saying that the lives of all the other creatures in your tank put at risk for the lack of quarantine are not worth as much as that fistful of macroalgae you are defending against QT?

Heehee... at some point you may have to admit good old fashioned impatience as the reason for sans QT.

Anth