Thread: Ot: Ps3
View Single Post
Old 11/17/2006, 03:57 PM
I'm all wet!

Minh, I agree with you 110%..... A friend of mine kicked his son in the rear ( not hard at all), Because the kid left the house and they couldnt find him. The child is 5 and they found him 3 house's down in someone's backyard. Now the door should of been locked, but at that age, they are tall enough to get to the locks and open.

What happend, the neighbor called the cops and CPS. WHEN i was growing up. My father and mother disciplined me like they were disciplined. I am full blooded portuguese and let me tell you they have tempers. I know I got one :-)

But all kidding aside. THings like that, the father acted out of fear and didnt even hurt the child. But people have to overreact, ( Oh my god your abusing that child.)

Minh, I totally agree with you.

Parents do not know how to discipline there children and let them do what they want. If a kid is over active and hyper, they let the child run around screaming and yelling. OH they had ADD, give them med's and make 'em a zombie.

NO, Get that wooden spoon and smack'em, get tha hand and smack them across the head.

They will go "OH Crap, DAD means busines" But my wife, doesnt believe in hitting. She does the sit down thing. As of now it works on my daughters. The day one of my kids put's there finger in my face or smacks me. They got it coming and I told her that.

and Karl I think you might of misread my response.

ANd reefhobo, My response wasnt because of you.

Yes its sad to see, But more then likely it was some adult who did it not some kids. They saw the street value of the system and they acted on evil and greed.

Can I come over your house kimoy and play..... LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefugee
I know that my viewpoint won't be popular but...

Problem with our society is that parents are no longer allowed to discipline their kids for bad behaviors. If you slap a child's wrist, you can be accused of abuse. One of my girls stuck her finger in my face and was yelling at me, and I slapped it out of the way. She threaten to call the cops. Society has taught her that she doesn't have to respect anyone. When I was growing up, if I even raised my voice to my parents, I would have gotten a nice leather belt to the butt. It kept me in line and taught me to follow rules. As a adult, I follow the rules and laws, and learn to respect others.

Another problem is that too many parents try to be their kids best friend instead of a parent. Don't get me wrong - with some kids, you don't need much discipline and can be their "friends". But if the kids need a good a** whipping - they should be given one!

Anybody remember the public caning of an American teenager in Singapore? It was outrageous that so many American were opposed it to. But I bet you that it's the public caning that keeps the teenage crime rate in that country so low. If it was one of my kids - I would have said - CANE AWAY!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

Its Only $100 Dollars dear....