View Single Post
Old 12/29/2007, 12:20 AM
Standpipe Guy

I haven't posted in a while as I've been pretty busy at work. I've been doing the basics only, no water changes, no carbon changes, etc. I haven't even cleaned the glass in about 3 months. I cleaned it for Christmas - mostly. Still have to clean around the edges.

The tank is still doing really good, several of my corals have reached the water surface. I've had a few smaller power outages, nothing major but the top of the birdsnest died off where they were exposed to air. A bit annoying, but the rest of the massive colony is fine.

The frags on the frag racks are ready to be fragged themselves.

The engineer gobies seem to have paired off, they share a hole under the rocks now. That could be interesting. No idea how they spawn or what to look for.

Clownfish are still spawning, I haven't bothered to track the time intervals.

Some minor problems, I toasted a heater. I've been using a WON Pro Heat II for several years without issue. It just makes a zip/zap sound when it turns on and the LED temperature readout stays blank.

Suggestions for another digital heater? While the WON heater had a bad rap I can't complain as I got many years out of them.

My green bubbletip anemones have been splitting over and over again and I can't even count them all now. They are not going up the glass as I hoped for to allow easy removal. They are attached to the rocks in hard to get at spot killing off some acropora branches.

Any suggestions on removal? I'm reaching the point where I might want to start killing some of them off if I can't get them out.

Visit My Chunk of the Ocean, click the Red House above.