View Single Post
Old 11/12/2005, 12:35 AM
Parapterois heterura

your diagram is fine by the measurements, love.

For the purpose of mentioning to others reading this/archiving... I should point out that the overflow hole as drawn is too high as it appears to be above the skimmer partition wall (which would flood the sump level over it and bypass the baffles).

but indeed as you have stated in the measurements... the skimmer wall is 1" higher than the overflow hole. And it will work fine. Quite fine actually... you are getting almost maximum sump-proper volume in this case.

And you will need to install the evap top off (float) device at or slightly below the bottom of the overflow bulkhead drain.

The extra plugged hole in the sump is a great idea too. Be sure to plug from both sides (threaded) so that you can add plumbing as needed in the future without having to drain the sump.

Latsly... if the bottom image is showing the display tank with a single 2" bulkhead drilled for the overflow... I am worried that will not handle enough water through the sump. In fact... I am sure of it. I don't see you even getting a decent (quiet) 1000pgh through it from the sump loop