View Single Post
Old 06/19/2005, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Lee,

I am also having a pretty rough time trying to cure my black ocellaris pair of stringy feces. they have been in QT for a month know and have been treated w/ garlic, pepso food, pipzine (for two weeks) in water, and hex-a-mit in food and water (last treatment will be 6/20/05). All treatments have been administered according to directions provided by the manufacturer. They will have stringy feces for a day or two and then have (normal) ones the next day...the trend has been going on for about the entire time I have had them (female=5months, male=2months). The water quality in the QT is good, w/ parameters:
temp - 81
ph - 8.2
amm - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - <20

There is a very small piece of liverock in there (2"x1") just for cycling purposes. I feed mysis, cyclop-eeze, formula2 pellets 1-2 daily and will sometimes throw in some omega-3 enriched brine shrimp and this herbivore frozen food. All food is stored correctly (in plastic bag) in freezer.

They eat great, have great color, clear eyes, no upturned scales, fins are always errect and clear and have been like this from day one.

I talked to a marine biologist who said that this can be normal, especially if that is the only thing wrong with them. I know this is a lot but any suggestions? I don't want to medicate any more unless needed

"Survival of the Fittest"
-Herbert Spencer