View Single Post
Old 07/14/2006, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

Bad Idea

Roxy dont let it use up all the nutrients in the water.....I tried that,takes WAY too long. Since you have nothing in the tank just take out all the rocks, assuming it hasnt taken root in the glass or sand yet, and let them dry out....killing the plant. If it is in the glass and or sand just drain the tank and start over.....and yes dont use sparkletts....if you are gunna use non-homemade RO/DI water, buy the "distilled water" it has 0 ppm tds and fill the tank after everything is dried out. Hot water in a syringe also works very well, but for a serious outbreak as you have discribed, just dry it out. Bryopsis can sustain itself with nothing for months....Ive tested. So can chaeto.....actually when you cycle your tank the next time get some chaeto it will absorb the nitrates and phosphates as well it colonizing your tank with bacteria and mb even critters depending on the source. PS the Foxface will eat all the bryopsis but doesnt really like it....will eat every other plant in the tank before going after the bryopsis. The bryopisis will still have roots in the rocks and continue to grow, but if the foxface remains he will keep in in check. Nudis cant eat it fast enough, nor do they prefer it and since they are so small and hard to care for they will rarely cure the problem. I have run an aquarium maintenance co in dallas for many years now and have seen everything I think. Wow DNA you only have 700+ posts...I remember when you had the tank of the month. You must be like me and never post and/or never go on the site. Peace all~Joshua