View Single Post
Old 04/15/2007, 02:22 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9732249#post9732249 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by seandanekind

So I'm seeing a 30% drop from the original PAR level in the first year (actually 14 months), and about another 10% drop from the original level the second year. I'd say that's pretty close to what Al found...
Looks good. Really not too bad a drop-off IMO. Now the question is, what does the spectrum do over that time? We'll have to wait on that question.

From some rough measurements I did, the power consumption doesn't fall off much if at all as the light output declines. Obviously there will come a point at which the decline in efficiency makes it worth replacing the bulbs just for the electrical savings. That will depend on what you pay for electricity though. I tried to do a calculation to determine how you could decide when that time would be. There was a time when I could have figured that out pretty easily, but my math ability isn't what it used to be. Maybe I'll give the question some more thought if I have insomnia some night.

Allen