View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 12:11 AM
Registered Member

I agree with keeping a close eye on the mandarin, if it shows any signs of spreading separate him and treat him. You also might want to post this in the fish disease treatment forum someone there might be able to help you a little better. There is no way of knowing for certain that stress is the cause, it is definitely a possibility, but its not the only possibility.

There is also a good chance it got a little to close to the clowns territory, and the clownfish let him know it.

I do agree that a 30G may not be the best set up for a mandarin but, I also agree that a fully established 30G tank, with alot of established live rock, and a refuge could support a mandarin that is eating prepared foods. (Especially a mandarin that would have surely starved to death at an LFS) If the mandarin doesnt gain weight over time then I would consider finding it a new home, but if the mandarin is nice and fat then I dont see a problem.

I would put a lot of small rubble piles throughout your tank to help out the pod population, and feed as much prepared food as the mandarin will eat!

Good luck with your mandarin!!!