View Single Post
Old 12/05/2005, 01:07 AM
"Old Yeller"

Kathy
I tested as it would be in the tank. I set the 81 degree water at tank salinity 1.026 and the 78 degree water at 1.024 (water had some dye in it so I could see it) I dripped the water in from 1" above water level and it sank to the bottom It did appear to loose some of the content on the way down but the vast majority of the new cooler, lower salinity water did make the bottom of the tank.

I dripped 1 gallon of the cooler less saline water into a 10 gallon tank full of water fresh out of my 75G sps tank. (water change day) so it only cost me 1 gallon of good water , I am as cheap as I am curious

I have read your thread and your endeavors with the fish fry in the breeders forum I think it was.

Quote:
I am beginning to think that keeping it simple, means at least turning a couple of valves by hand while I watch
Well making it "Fail safe" means watching it. I personally like the "fail safe" method. I would open my valve, start my pump on a 1 hour timer or what ever it needed and walk away. Leave a flag on the fishes food bin that the valve is open so that I do close it sometime in the next 24 hours. I am a tough sell on anything being fully automated. I have tried them all, AC controller 2 was a nightmare and I am greatful I did not loose my tank to it.

Last edited by Randall_James; 12/05/2005 at 01:17 AM.