View Single Post
Old 05/16/2007, 06:55 PM
Premium Member

Mops, I am at work right now and will test parameters again when i get home. I am not trying to be stuborn, just trying to have a conversation. I appreciate all of your comments and am trying to make the best decision listening to you all.

But from all the research i have made i dont think i agree with you. Ich is not a symptom, its a problem. The parasite DID NOT exist in my tank. It was brought in via an infected fish then spread to the others. It was a maroon clown. Before him everything was fine.

By qting the fish i am hoping to kill he parasite on the fish. Then leave the tank fishless for 8 weeks until the parasite dies in the tank. Then reintroduce my fish back. Thats it,.. no more ich.

I agree with you that the qt process will stress the fish and might kill them. BUT i would be effectively dealing with the underlying problem. The ich itself. If my parameters had been out of whack (i dont think so) but i didnt have ich in the tank,..that would have stressed my fish, but it wouldnt make them get ich out of nowhere.