View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefugee
I have some systems running Windows XP for 4 years without a reinstall, and it's still running great. I wonder if it's the operator that could be the cause of the problem.
Couldn't agree more. I remember when I first got XP and turned it on bam. There it was - ready. But amazing after five years is it? after I install all the updates.................... Yeah it now takes that long to turn on and be ready.

Though over time they may become unstable on their own, I am fully confident it is the PEBCEK situation here (not to metion all the crap that exists on the otherside of your firewall that we willingly or unwillingly invite over.) Wonder why you have to actually type in .../Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files and further try this one.../ Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/OLK22 and see how much wasted storage is being used up. Microsoft is being sneeky.

And to get back on topic... Yeah, go with professional window people. No sense in putting great thermally efficent windows in if they leak so badly all around the outside. Or worse, cause leaks!