Thread: zeovit
View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Ben.

well put. Zeo is not for the weekend aquarist, although the established system is very stable, getting there requires attention to detail and good observation. I have tried other zeolith systems, such as Elos and Ultra, but was not truly happy. They work, but the fine tuning was not there and with Elos, the translation was not there! My Italian is quite poor.

In comparison, the Zeovit system was a bit less expensive in the long run for me. This is based on European prices. Also, the forum support is simply great, you can't pay for this kind of enthusiasm. The info exchange is very stimulating, much like this forum, but more focused toward low-nutrient systems (not just Zeo). Improvements on the products is in constant discussion, as well as their use in non-zeolith systems.

I admit, I belong to that group of aquarists that are enjoying the ride and less interested in the final destination. It's the getting there that makes for the memorable experience. Once you've arrived, you do have this 'master of the universe' feeling, though. Suddenly, all corals look possible.