Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 09/17/2003, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by williams-crist
Sting,

I agree with your frustration about ich. I've had my problem with it recently and I have gotten a lot of different advice.

Just know that once you copper your main tank you might not be able to go back to having an "invert friendly tank."

So, if you can't read the level of copper then it's hard to know if you have the right dose. Also, if copper gets to high it will kill your good stuff too....

Anyway, if you find a good copper test, Please let me know!

Also, don't be discouraged. I have heard a lot of opinions also and finally have decided that I will take all advice and do research on it before taking it.

Good luck with your fish!
I have the one by Fastest. It matches ok, but no matter how much I dump in it always reads .10

I did a 20% water change tonight(arghh! 2nd one in 2 days), and
put in plenty of carbon. I realize that this would prevent me from treating ich, but I would rather battle ich then a tank spiking in ammonia and nitrites. As for my inverts, they are happily residing in a 20 gallon high tank with all my live rock.....

My firefish are burrowing in the gravel now for some reason. Way I found out is that I didnt see them swimming like they always did last day or two... well after poking around in there to check for dead ones, they came shooting out of the gravel! I guess they are in the Goby family, but I didnt think they burrowed.. must be a stress thing....

like I said before I had a predator tank for a long time, and it sucks to have to get a tank going again. saltwater is cool, but very unforgiving. keep me updated on your tank...