View Single Post
Old 12/26/2007, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

Corals and fish all look great. Water is crystal clear. But there is some hair algae in the display that needs to go. Thats my main concern. I just cleaned out my fuge pretty much completely (except sand) and put new cheato in and all and within a week it (the glass and sand, not the cheato this time) was covered in cyano again. I have a huge turbo snail in there that actually eats cyano pretty good, so its been controlling it lately. No cyano in the display, only hair in the display. Nitrates are about 5ppm. Phosphates I have no idea since the color never matches anything on the comparison chart. I assume there are phosphates based on the algae growth though, I just cant tell how much. API test kit is horrible for phosphates. Before you ask, I only use RO/DI water. I'd like to get the cheato to control the hair algae before moving to a phosban reactor, but so far it seems the cheato just wont grow so I may need to do that. I've been dosing iron now for over a week with no noticeable results, but like I've been asking, my carbon may be absorbing the iron... I'm not sure if carbon does that. Anyone know? I change the carbon every 2 weeks.