View Single Post
Old 06/08/2007, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

As an after thought on the after effect of Cupramine. I just got back from a business trip to find out that my girlfriend (Bless her heart) took the word of the LFS over the phone to use Cupramine on an ich infested Coral Beauty, et all.

Quick Specs 31 gal tank 10 gal fuge

Since the dosing approx 72 hours ago all snails (turbos, margaritas, nass-- won't try and spell that one, ceriths_ are DEAD!. The bumblebee snails are still dying. The shrimp (Coral Banded, Skunk Cleaner and Camel) yeah they are dead too! The only happy people in the tank are the rapidly fattening hermit crabs who I see munching on whatever invertabrate carcass shows up from hour to hour.

I am saddened by the copper exposure to some 50 pounds of gorgeous coralline covered liverock and sand. 2 years of growth worth that is now probably not suitable for much of anything except as sump rock in the quarantine tank.

Brighter note - My girlfriend has offered to clean the DelTec (some sick kind of self therapy for guilt, I guess). It has also brought her more into the fold so-to-speak realizing how much she adored the fish she has started reading Reef Central to get more educated.

Good Luck!