View Single Post
Old 09/23/2005, 09:33 AM
Premium Member

The plumbing diagram isn't complete and I am having trouble deciding what to do...

Here is the diagram:

If you look at my plumbing diagram you will see that fuge one will be higher than the sump and gravity dump in there.

To make this happen I really need that tank to be higher than the sump. My 75 is 21" tall and the 15x is supposed to be 18" high. To get a 1" PVC above the lip of the 75 I need to raise the 15 up nearly 7" to make the PVC angle downward toward the sump. That doesn't leave me a lot of room above the fuge 1. I guess that is okay considering it is just a chaeto fuge but cleaning it will be harder.

Any ideas? Do you think drilling the side of the 15x AND the side of the 75 would be better? The two holes can be attached by the PVC and drain that way.

If the answer to that is yes, then should I make sure the drilled hole is above the water line or would it be okay to drain fuge 1 to the sump below the water surface? Both tanks water height should be determined by where the hole is drilled and the baffle that seperates the fuge 2 from the return.

Sorry for the wordy explanation...

My other computer is your MAC.