View Single Post
Old 05/16/2007, 08:41 PM
Premium Member

To go back to your analogy :

If i am sitting in an office with 4 people that have the flu. I will get the flu. If i have a strong immune system maybe ill get a bit of a flue or ill get it later, but i will get it. If there is no one with flu in the office then i shouldnt get it no matter how much the boss makes my life miserable : )

I do understand what you are saying, thinking of qt'ing everything for 6 weeks before it goes in the tank sounds pretty unreasonable. And i wouldnt like to do it. Takes a lot of the fun out of the hobby.

But what else is there to be done ? Why do so many people talk about copper and hyposalinity? Are all of them theorising ?
If we agree on your assumptions, then every single tank must have ich,...since we do get livestock, rock, sand and so on from different sources. Why do some people never have outbreaks ?

Just poor water quality can not be the culprit. Just thinking out loud. My case sounds pretty extreme thats why my initial idea of doing copper or hypo.

No one here in the socal forums ever did hypo or copper ? I thought it was a widespread practice at least from reading through posts and papers.....or is it more just said and written about since its a proven method but then apart from the testing/scientific community no one really practices it ?