View Single Post
Old 02/13/2007, 09:03 PM
I'm not scared, Are you??

Quote:
Originally posted by pewter_jean
The reason to let the landlord know is, she more than likely has a lease with them. If nothing is done about this neighbor, and chelsey end up wanting to move to get away from this person, for her safety, and her property that give her the legal loop hole to void her lease. The land lord can do nothing about it. But the landlord need to be informed first, so they have an oportunity to correct the problem.
Sorry Steve but Rena is dead on point here. I've rented all my life but the last 2 years. If the landlord can not fix the issue Chelsey has the right to void the contract do to her safety.

Chelsey, I understand what your going through. It's not fun and you don't want/need the drama, But their's no real way to avoid all of it. Rena's right with her first post, think about the innocent child in the case here. The child is a lot like your dog, you wouldn't want to see either one hurt. I would first call the landlord, Inform him of the situation and you are calling the police. You have to call the police, But do it when this woman is on her rampage. She will most likely be running off at the mouth when the officer's arrive and towards them. This helps the officer's see how deep the issue is and there more apt to do what they can. Child abuse is NOT taken so lightly, If you are sure the child is be harmed (not just being a spoiled brat) you need to tell the police what you heard going on and trust me they'll take action right away.

Bottom line, Call the landlord & the police and inform both of them.

What we have hear....Is failure to communicate.