View Single Post
Old 02/13/2007, 08:09 PM
Losing my mind

Need some advice, especially from MaxxII

I live in a duplex and my neighbors moved in around October 1st or thereabouts. They are probably ~25 and she has a daughter. They fight constantly (well, she yells, I guess it's not fighting if it's one sided). It doesn't matter what time it is, 2:30 am or 11 pm. Sometimes she yells so loud that she wakes me up (I wear earplugs because of her but sometimes I can still hear her). On more than one occassion I have heard her daughter screaming at the top of her lungs and this past weekend she was beating on the wall for about 30 minutes straight. That night her mom started screaming and threw something at him I'm assuming...it hit the wall that I share with them. There have been times where I've heard the kid get hit...the smack has been so loud it comes through my wall.

It should seem easy enough to walk over there or call the landlord or the cops, but since I live in a duplex they'd know it's me. I live by myself and I would not put it past her to make my life a living hell, poison my dog while she's outside going potty, or do something to my house while I'm gone.

What do you guys suggest? They've been going at it for about an hour now and I'm really starting to get aggravated, but I am seriously scared of the girlfriend...she sounds like a force to be reckoned with and the one time I've met her she's been less than friendly. Thanks for any help you can give, and please remember that I'm a girl and I live by myself.