View Single Post
Old 10/09/2006, 08:23 AM
Premium Member

No good updates to speak of. With all of the delays in getting things setup logistically and some delays in equipment I decided it was best to put off construction of the GH until late winter/early spring. I wouldn't have enough livestock in to justify heating the GH for the whole winter (heating would cost ~$2500). I am looking to start construction in late Feb, and I will hope to have stock in and working by late March/early April. This will give me the cooler part of the spring to get setup and get some water volume in there to help with the heating/cooling for the worst of the year.

The good part is that I can use the winter to try out a few things I have been looking at (ATS, reworking the layout, and some new vendors/customers), and to gather up some choice broodstock and get it growing a while. If I were to try and put a number on what the delay is going to cost me I would say it puts me only about 2 months behind where I would expect to be in late March (if all goes well from here on).