View Single Post
Old 04/22/2004, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

i am not a cards fan, although my astros have gave them the last two. as far as old style goes, the will keep that beer contract until there is a new one. i t will be one crappy beer after another. i have been a cub fan for 30 years, and they just dont get it. the last year broke my heart. i think prior is hurt more than dusty baker is leading on. wood got screwed on the strike zone in his last outing, but he did not handle it well. i dont think joey b. will ever get it back. he needs to go back to middle innings. you are right about hawkins, but we will se how long it last. maddux can not start a race every year and come back, the numbers and age will catch up with him. the problem with clemments is you never know who is going to pick up the ball on the pitching mound. he is doctor jykle, mr. hyde. the cub pitching staff was like that all year last year, except wood and prior. i got an idea, how about a know pitching coach. i will bet you a 12 pack of your favorite beer that the cubs will not hit more than 300 home runs in one year. man up fourseahorsemen. the cubs can handle teams like the pirates,reds, brewers, but the question is can they handle the cards, astros, dodgers,and giants which are some of the better teams in the national league. i hate watching a team that will not do the right things to better them self to win the series. the late innings keep the cubs from going to the world series. dustys decission to pitch to pugh with first base open also killed them, several times. i do like what the astros and angles have to offer this year