View Single Post
Old 04/10/2004, 09:50 PM
Reefaholic

Well, i just thought i would chime in and add my experience. My tank is mostly SPS and the red bugs had a history of coming and going. Although only 3 colonies were infected, i figured i'd give it a try anyways. I have a 150G tank and a 50G sump with only about 30G filled in it. I estimated w/ the rock that i had about 140G of total water volume which equated to about 350mg of medication. I dosed at 9am with lights off. A few minutes after dosing i could see the red bugs scurrying around as if they were running for their lives. I had never seen them move so fast before. At about the 1 hour mark, they were still there but moving very slowly. At the 2 hour mark, they were no longer moving but were instead just "stuck" to the coral. At this time i think they were dead. At about the 4 hour mark i couldn't see any of them left. At the 6 hour mark, i did a 30G water change and the infected corals were amazingly polyped out. I had never seen the polyps on 2 of them before so i was quite surprised to see purple polyps! I lost nothing at all. I have a pistol shrimp and a cleaner shrimp in the tank. I also have several acro crabs and about 5 hermits. Nothing was lost at all. I am totally impressed with this medication and would not hesitate to use this again. 24 hours later, the tank looks great.