Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 09/17/2003, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

It seems everyone I speak to has a different opinion on this matter. All I know is I kept Lionfish, Groupers and Eels for over 10 years. I treated with copper when they got ich, and never had any crazy stuff happen with leak outs. get rid of all my rocks, gravel, ect that I paid allot of $$$ for? no offense but thats crazy. I can keep the inverts in my 20 gallon, I dont have to have any in the main tank. its a pain anyways because if the fish get sick then your hands are tied basically..

so from what you guys are saying is that copper is evil and if you use it your screw up your tank forever. both my lfs told me to use copper right in the main tank no problem. I talk to people that hit the tank with copper and pull it out and then put their live rock and stuff back in... then some people say use only hypo salinity. some then say fresh water dip and uv, ect... ask 10 people and I get 10 different answers. I am just gonna put carbon in my filters, and let it run its course. eventually the ammonia and nitrites will drop. I know I asked for advice and I appreciate the attention, but I am not going to do water changes every day at the cost of all the salt I will be using, not to mention ph buffer..

the carbon will pull out the copper and then hopefully the tank will cycle back out... oh also the owner of my lfs said that copper doesnt hurt the biological at all. and this is a huge successful store thats been around for years! and her fish room manager says it does hurt the biological.... saltwater is crazy I think. I do enjoy the fish though... I only wish my groupers never got that bad bacterial disease because I wouldnt be going thru this crap right now...