View Single Post
Old 04/07/2003, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

Thank you, I really appreciate the time you spent writing back.

I have had the live sand in the tank for about 4 months. I have some big mexican snails for the algae and two sand sifting starfish to kinda move it around.

My filter is a wet/dry overflow with a berlin classic skimmer. I just installed the skimmer about 3-4 days ago and am waiting to see how well it works (any tips). I also am planning on converting the wet/dry into a refugium. I hopefully can do it in May. I noticed that on the higher end of the wet dry (Bio ball area) there are 8 small holes about an inch from the top. I figured I could get a piece of acrylic from home depot and block the water flow on the bottom from the larger section to the smaller. remove the bio-balls and now the larger section would retain water to the top, the water would overflow through the holes into the section with the return pump and the skimmer pump. I thought I could put live sand & rock in this closed off section now, some critters and a damsel or something (did I miss anything). I would run the skimmer return to the larger section as well. I am a little unsure on lighting for the fuge, and I am a little unsure of how or what it might do to the chemestry of the water at first. I would really welcome any tips & suggestions.

Thanks again.

A.E.K.D.B.