View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 01:57 PM
Genuine reef addict

GDESQUIRE: After your comments on hanging the light fixture, I'm thinking I might like to do that with the Current Orbit hood I have. I got a hanging kit with the Orbit but never even took it out of the box yet. How do you manage to get the mounts placed in the ceiling so that it's centered properly over the tank? Or is this something that really should be done when the tank is empty, so that the tank can be centered under the fixture? Do the ceiling mounts have to be screwed into a joist, or can molly screws or similar be used to keep them from pulling out of the ceiling and having the light crashing into the tank? ( The Orbit has an internal ballast and has a bit of weight to it). How is the hood "easily" raised & lowered - do those ceiling mounts in your gallery picture contain little retracting pulleys in them? Sorry about all the questions. I'd like to hang mine, but with my expertise I can picture getting it hung several inches off center!