Thread: my new elegance
View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 02:25 AM
Premium Member

Thanks. I will continue to post more pictures soon. it will be especially interesting when I finally get my 220G display and the 5" DSB. Its 30" deep (24 accounting for sandbed), and has 3x250W MH and 2x140 VHO. I can't wait to finally get this elegance (and 2 clowns also) out of this nasty little quarantine tank and into a nice new tank

I will probably construct a holding jig to hold layers of screen to light acclimate the elegance. I'll use lux meter to try and roughly match the current lighting at first and slowly remove layers (~4500 lux or so IIRC, I'll confirm soon). I should be able to find a somewhat calm flow area for him with my aquascaping. Gonna definitely need feeding tons if I'm to be expected to feed this guy at 2' deep every few days.

I seem to be getting the impression that smaller, more frequent meals are far better for the elegance. If I try and feed anything large (half inch or so) it usually only eats half or so of it, sometimes rejecting some of the food.

Does anybody know what the elegance's most common natural food is? I've had a hard time finding info. People suggest all kinds of things, but in NSWW (natural sw world) how large of a fish is an elegance capturing on average? How much of its food is floating morsels from nearby fish feeding frenzies rather than live prey?

Ryan

Last edited by RyanBrucks; 01/09/2008 at 02:38 AM.