View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 03:17 PM
angelfish nut!

This came at a great time… about six months ago I received a trio of tiny wild joculators profiled in this thread … here’s two shots… one of the trio and a nice one showing the ocellus on the dorsal fin of one of the small jocs…

Anyway, after adapting these, I placed them together and noticed very little aggression. After going away on business for a week I came back to find that the largest of the three (and the one with just one eye) had become aggressive in their small system. I separated the three, but the smallest did not make it. The other two have grown very well though since. So, my plans are to introduce these two small guys to the display to make a harem. The dynamics are quite interesting, and I wonder of the large joc will turn male… time shall tell. I plan on maybe also adding two small wild interrupta to the mix down the road…

The October Hawaii trip was highlighted by so many events… including the capture of the first Genicanthus personatus in the Main Hawaiian Islands in over 10 years described in this thread. Another highlight I have not mentioned is the day I spent diving with Frank and another friend of mine Bill Crook (pactrop here on RC). Bill’s claim to angelfish fame is being the collector of the one and only known Centropyge potteri/Centropyge fisheri hybrid now on display at the Waikiki Aquarium. Frank is an accomplished underwater photographer and took a bunch of pics of us collecting. His personal photography site is Blue Reef Photo The first shot shows me palming a Centropyge potteri with Bill in the background (hey, it’s no personatus, but still exciting! ).

This next shot shows me catching Hawaii gold . Don’t worry, the ornate butterflies were not touched! 

Thanks again to Bill for hosting us and Frank for snapping photos... I selectively chose the photos where I actually look like I know what I’m doing collecting!

Happy New Year to all!

Copps

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

What is recommended to the novice and what experienced reefers do are two different things.