View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 01:22 AM
Just an Average Joe

Hi Everyone, thanks for the encouraging words. I just spent the entire day cleaning/prepping the garage, mixing mass quantities of saltwater, dropped Tank-O-Saurus off the furniture dollies, and helped the wife clear the kitchen of food, cooking utencils, etc. Its amazing how many suvenier glasses one can accumulate over the years.

Tomorrow I install bulkheads, ballvalves, and other plumbing components before freshwater testing and then the real deal with premixed saltwater. Hopefully I'll get done in time to start moving liverock, sand, and livestock into their new temporary home. The Tangs will love the extra swimming room, I'm sure of that. Not sure what I'll end up with after the kitchen remodel though..... Tank-O-Saurus is simply too large for my house at 80" x 60" not to mention 3-feet deep!

Joyce, I got the tank from Bergzy who got the tank from a MASLAC ex pres who got it from another ex pres who got it from the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific. Its a custom 1" thick acrylic-wave-shape-built-like-a-battleship-one-of-a-kind-display-tank with matching wave-shaped metal stand, canopy, and facade. Its....its...Tank-O-Saurus! Awesome tank it 'tiss for someone with enough room in their house and a decent contribution to the Save-Kevin-from-a-life-time-of-impending-debt-from-his-over-worked-and-abused-HELOC-O-Saurus! (you home owners will understand)

Well, time for the Reefmeister pain meds and an early appointment with my mattress. Tomorrow is another day