View Single Post
Old 01/05/2008, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

My skimmer comes today! That means I can make all the final plumbing connections tonight and hopefully leak test it tomorrow! If that goes well, I'll fill it with RO/DI water on Monday and get the rock ordered ASAP from Premium Aquatics.

I AM nervous about the flow into my pump chamber - not sure if I planned that right, but I'll find out. My I've got 2 Ocean Runner pumps - a 6500 that will feed one of the 2 returns, the fuge (which empties into the pump chamber) and a relief line to take any backpressure off the pump - that relief line will feed into the pump chamber too). The other pump is a 3500 that will feed the other tank return and it too has a relief line that will feed back into the pump chamber. I went this route so that if one pump goes there's a backup. If the 2 pumps are too much, I'll pull the 3500 and get creative with the one 6500.

After I got the lights wired up earlier this week, I realized I was going to need extension harnesses for my T5's. They arrived yesterday so last night I got to fire them up for the first time. My wife said "Wow - does it HAVE to be so bright?" Hmm.... what's she gonna say when the MH's are on with them? (waiting for harnesses for the MH's - I think they'll be here Monday. I have a couple of leftovers from my light order coming from Aqua Cave, and something shipped yesterday for Mon arrival)

The bulbs in back are Giesemann AquaBlue+. In front it will eventually be 2 Giesemann Pure Actinics, but Aqua Cave only had 1 so they were nice enough to send a Giesemann PowerChrome Actinic+ at no charge to hold me over until they get their shipment of Pure Actinics in. Once again, OUTSTANDING service from Aqua Cave!