Thread: my new elegance
View Single Post
Old 01/04/2008, 02:03 PM
Premium Member

Well it's been nearly 2 months now, and the elegance is still doing well.

I did notice that the far left of it started to show early signs of bleaching. This looked to be where it was furthest from my PC daylight bulb, which was confirmed by my lux meter. it was only bleaching on the far left where lux values were less than 50% of the values at the center of the elegance.

my solution was to build a 6x6x6 acrylic tank that I filled with argonite sand, and placed the elegance inside the sand, essentially lifting it 6 inches closer to the light. Also positioned more to the center of the bulb. That was about 4 days ago and he already shows signs of getting more color.

This is him eating some squid. So far I've tried scallops, shrimp and squid and he eats them all right up.

That phot is also right where the semi-bleaching occured. it was way more obvious a few dasy ago.

I need up UP the PH and calcium of my water though. pH is around 7.9 and calcium is low at 320. I couldn't fine pickling lime anywhere locally so I ordered some online. When I get it I'll just start topping off with kalkwasser.