View Single Post
Old 12/29/2007, 07:34 PM
Moved out

I feed 2x/day a mixture of Cyclopeez, couple different types of flakes and pellets in an electronic autofeeder.

My photo period is now 7hrs / day.

I also finally think I am on the road to recovery on my Alk supplementation. I realized that my PH probe went bad and my reactor was too low, melting my media too much causing my effluent drip to be erratic. I replaced my probe and cleaned out my media really well to remove all of the fine particles and reconnected everything. I hope this should take care of it for atleast a while.

I've been battling my Alk issue for a while and I'm hoping that once I get the stability nailed my color and growth will return.

I am also working on getting my nitrates down. Right now I am getting a reading of 1 with my Lamotte Nitrate test kit. Multiplied by 4.4 = 4.4 ppm nitrate. I will say that when my nitrate was zero some of my corals looked kindof pale. I'm not a total believer in 0 nitrates but I will give it a whirl.

I'm really getting tired of battling this stuff, but I will say that if it was easy I don't think it would be that fun or rewarding.