View Single Post
Old 12/23/2007, 12:18 PM
Brother Maynard

auction: sps eating crab! starting bid at $350.00

if you want a crab that happily munches on your sps, hides like a ninja during the day and is so smart that it positions itself among the rock work at night as it chows down on everything, esp your sps...then you NEED this crab.

please note though that he is a little shy and likes to come out at around 1-2 am. he will also bolt back into the rock work at the slightest hint of light from things like a flashlight or room light you turn on to enjoy such a prize specimen.

i will personally vouch for its hardiness from the amazing growth it has sustained from the months i have had him hiding in the rock work while it ate everything! when i first noticed him, he was probably the size of a nickel...now he is easily 1.5x2.5 inches. see what a healthy diet of sps does for a prize specimen? nothing but the best for my crab!!!

you will be boasting to your friends on the toughest shell i have ever encountered. it has withstood countless attempts of piercing that started with wooden skewers to sharpened thick stainless steel shish ka bob rods. it is amazing how these utensils just bounce off its shell! i have even pinned it down one time onto the sand bed and pressed with all my might in a playful attempt to crush its shell...but surprisingly, he came through unscathed!

you will also be the proud owner of the most intelligent crab i have ever seen. any attempt to spear it (playfully of course), net it, shine a light on it...anything, and it will saunter back into its rock cave home! this is especially frustrating as having such a bright crab, you would want to teach it to do tricks, complex vocabulary and grammar and if you have THE ONE, can do your corporate taxes!

the reason i am selling him at such a low price is that i feel that i am not providing him an environment where he is truly utilizing his gifts. i am worried that he is languishing in a sea of mediocrity. he needs a more conducive nurturing caretaker with much larger sps' than i can ever provide.

i consider it a bargain at whatever ending price will be for such a rare and unique specimen! he is much more than a pet to me...he has become a friend.

bidding will end today at noon! silent auction via pm only!

please note the below picture is a copyrighted image. there is a secret hidden watermark embedded. any attempt to copy and repost will result in a computer virus that crashes your computer. this is done to ensure that no one gets to falsely claim they possess such a rare and spectacular crab!

good luck bidding!

Ben.