View Single Post
Old 12/20/2007, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

Your opinion on difference between light purple, dark purple and with neon-green center - care, grown size, anything particular?

there really is no noticeable difference besides color for tube anemones and size., mine have grown quite a bit since i got them. probably about 2 inches in the last 3 months. mostly the stock is more noticeable then the tentacles.

How do you plan position the anemones, heaters and sources of flow in 40g hex?

well i try to keep them away from the heater by putting it horizontal closer to the top of the tank. i will have one power head in the tank close to the top directed at the water coming in from the hob filter i have made into a fuge so it breaks up the direct downward flow. i am going to try and give them as much space as possible with the 2 big ones on one side each and the little one in the middle. but they do move in the sand if they like to or if there not comfortable where they are. i just let them go where they like.

how long do you keep these anemones, did they grow noticeably?

see above answer

Just curious, what are these PVC tubes on photos, their size (to estimate size of anemones)?

these are the drains for the tank. i have a 20 g tall that is above this tank and flows into the tube anemone tank which flows into a sump below the tube anemone tank. the pipe is 1" schedule 40.