View Single Post
Old 12/17/2007, 04:44 PM
El Jefe de WRS

And there you go... I see now.

I too didnt like the flow pattern of the tunzes when I first got them... too much of a 'beam'. But I figured, 'A prop pump is a prop pump' so I instead looked into modifying the guard which is what defines the flow after all. In the end, I put strainers from 6200s on my 6100s, and this spread out the flow into a 'cone' or 'wall' of output more than the 'beam' that the tunzes came with. Others have hacked up their tunze guards (removed the cylinder on the output) and had similar results. Just an idea for those who experienced similar as you. I think overall, the tunze is a fine product of course, but I can understand where you are coming from that the outlet/flow pattern isnt as nice as it could be.

Now Im considering 6201's, and this presents a problem because I cant swap out the guard for a larger one like with the 6100's. So Ill have to make a custom guard from the ground up. Perhaps just use some large diameter (3" or 4") straignt pipe attached to the motors to make the pumps have a very wide flow pattern.