View Single Post
Old 12/10/2007, 09:58 AM
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kaserpick
What could I do (placement or anything else) that would encourage the protective pigment to come back? There was a period where I had to take the clam out of the tank due to a bad move; he was under VHO lighting at a LFS even though I told the owner that it needed MH's. He was under that particular lighting for about 3 weeks. When I brought him back home, a bit of the blue had faded to purple. He's colored back up considerably since then.

Placement:
He's currently in the rock structure about 4" from the water surface, and the light is about 4" above the surface.

Lighting:
Up until about 2 weeks ago (maybe almost 3), he was on the sand (tank is 12" tall) and under a 150w Coralife 20k bulb. Now, he's under a 150w Coralvue 14k. Will this help him regain his original pigmentation? I don't have a huge bio-load on the tank (1 fish), but I'm feeding the tank regularly without a skimmer so there should be plenty in the water column to supply the zoox for sugar production (is that right?). I would really appreciate any advice you can give mbbuna! Thanks for the help so far.
it sounds like your going in the right direction right now, give it some time

------------------------------------------------