View Single Post
Old 11/29/2007, 12:42 PM
The Puppy Mill Police

444, dat's how I roll. Actually I am taking it really slow. The swelling on the finger has come down a lot to where I can bend it fully and where the splinter is is just a bump now. On the other hand (so to speak) the abcess (think giant puss filled zit) is raised about half an inch above the skin and is between the size of a golf ball and a racquet ball. I was thinking of painting it white with little grey spots to look like divits so it would look like a golf ball was stuck in my arm.

Moony, Thanks for the offer but I'll leave the lacerating to the surgeon. I can only think of one word with the procedure in my immediate future. Vicodin. Which will be lovely to have considering I am going to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra on Sunday afternoon. What a combo.

I actually made my wife do a little work yesterday. I supervised her putting in new R-19 insulation to replace the blown in cellulose chunks. Eventually I plan to replace all of the cellulose with bats. I know the cellulose is supposed to provide better R-value but I like the clean look of stapled down bats on the rare occasion I go into the attic.

Good news was I lost a pair of pliers about 5 years ago in the attic. A nice pair of xcelite long nose pliers. When I was removing the drywall from the ceiling they came down with it. I knew they were in that general area but I wasn't sure where and I'd rather have lost the pliers at the time then to have broken the drywall accidentally looking for them.

Back to work.

Adam