View Single Post
Old 11/22/2007, 07:51 PM
Registered Member

Well i would be interested to know how most LED units will deal with the issues of red and green light issues, as from reading various forums it does appear there is a lack of information addressing this issue.

I believe the issue of cost is simply that in most cases ALL of the new age LED lamps are very much sought after and in demand. Demand heavily out strips supply. Therefore manufacturers demand a premium for these.
This is then passed along the line to consumers, then its up to the Light unit manufacturer in terms of mark ups and costing on the the rest of the unit.

In all honesty i think most LED lighting unit manufacturers are not bothered about lowering price at present because the demand for there units exsists as it is, whilst thier ability to fullfil that demand to saturation is very low, due to the availability of the LED lamps. When the LED lamps become more abundant i would expect the prices to plumet as more and more companies would have a quick and easy route to market, via fast trial and error R&D.

Its just my opinion