View Single Post
Old 10/23/2007, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Freed
I have the Hammerhead float magnet. Will work better than the Magfloat. I have one of those too but the Hammerhead works much better.
Freed,

What is a hammerhead?

It sounds like somebody I know, hee , hee

Are its magnetic properties stronger, or what is the advantage?
If it is substantially better, would I be likely to find it at a LFS?
My kit starts at 1,800 and works its way all the way to 12,000. I'll have to get some 400 and some in between wet sandpaper.
I can see my scratches from 2’ or more away. It really makes me sick to see what I’ve done.
Anyhow, will the sandpaper just hold to the inside magnet or does it need to be attached somehow? My kit says "can be used inside the tank with fish and water". It also says "However, the acrylic partials will contaminate the water and may not be compatible with your fish"

I think beaglelax information better and safer It just sounds like a much better solution because the stress on the fish may cause causalities or at the very least their dignity for having been tossed around. You do it with fish in the water, don’t have to go out an get a temporality 55 gallon tank (if that would even be big enough for a short while) tear down my 225, rinse the gravel, coral and tank, and god knows how I would even do it.
The site that beaglelax gave me info regarding how the acrylic participles just raise to the top and get washed down through the overflow, and caught in the canister filter. That is the exact setup I have. I have 2 Gorman Rupp pumps running all of the water through 2 Red sea canister filters W/Purigen. I'll switch over to carbon just because of its partical catching properties.

Yep, that’s the ticket