View Single Post
Old 09/17/2007, 03:39 PM
Premium Member

Karen makes nice tanks. Hard to go wrong with that.

AGA/Oceanic makes nice tanks too. I think they tend to get a bad rap sometimes because all we hear on forums like this are the horror stories of a cracked tank or some unverified complaint about the workmanship. While there have no doubt been quality issues with some tanks, the fact is that 1) there are quality issues with ALL products, even custom made-ones, and 2) AGA/Oceanic have been selling tanks for years, the majority of tanks sold in the U.S. over the past several years have probably been AGA/Oceanic tanks, and relative to the amount of tanks sold, you don't hear about THAT many quality problems.

As I said, I have no complaints about my AGA 92 gallon corner, although I must say with the black silicone, super-clear front glass and overall workmanship, it really looks much more like an Oceanic than an AGA (Oceanic doesn't have corner tanks listed on their website; perhaps the Oceanic division makes them for AGA...)
Hooper: That makes a lot of sense.