View Single Post
Old 08/29/2007, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

Honda-

I've gotta say, I've had nothing but good luck with AGA stuff. I don't know how the transition to the new company will fare, but for pre-made stuff, they've been nothing but good to me in the past.

I've got a 27 year old (I'm third owner) 75G I just took out of service last year, and it's been moved at least 5 times, and on a borderline uneven homemade stand for it's last 5 years.... A 72G Bow, and 4 20's (Two over 20 years old), all holding water, happily. The 72G and the 75G are both drilled, FWIW, but have had a small rubber hose jumper to avoid stress on the tank.... (Per their directions). Did you have a rubber hose jumper on the tank?

Oh, and auto manufacturers DID have seat belts in cars. As far back as the early 50's. It was an option. A $13 Option on an old Chevy I own, which very, very few people added. And, it wasn't consumer activism, it was governmental regulation that added that. Period. Don't use that as an example. Do you want the Feds regulating tank construction? Mis-guided consumer activism has caused the death of many things I've love....

Weren't you the same guy bashing Tunze a few weeks ago, too? Those have both been pretty much standards in my world...

-Andy/Oldimpala

PS: I am in the process of a tank upgrade now, and I will admit, I just ordered a 120G Miracles tank for my new upgrade. That's only due to some arrangement/hole placement reasons. And, I almost bought an AGA for that, too...